FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions. The tag can be purchased from Tag issuers and if it is linked to the prepaid account, then you need to recharge/ top up the tag as per your requirement.
- Cashless payment – FASTag users don’t need to carry cash for toll transactions, and don’t need to worry about collecting the exact change. With the help of the FASTag app, they can make seamless payments.
- Promotional cashback – All FASTag users get a monthly cashback of 10% of toll transactions till 31 March, 2017
- Faster transit – Auto-debit of exact amount through the FASTag enables faster transit through the toll plazas and saves time
- Online recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
- SMS alerts – Instant SMS alerts on registered mobile number for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
FASTag has unlimited validity. The same FASTag can be used till the tag is read by the reader and not tampered with. In case due to wear and tear the reading quality depreciates, please reach out to your Issuing Bank for a new tag.
FASTag is presently operational at 450+ toll plazas across National Highways. The system is inter-operable and the same FASTag can be used across all toll plazas under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. More toll plazas will be brought under the NETC program in the future. You may see the list of plazas in the ‘Active Toll Plazas’ section. Please visit the www.ihmcl.com for more details.
You can avail a cashback of upto 0.5% on all Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2020-21. The cashback amount will be credited back in the tag linked account on a monthly basis.
Yes, you will have to use the lanes demarcated for FASTag users. Only the marked lanes have the required RFID infrastructure installed to read your FASTag. In case you enter a cash-only lane, the FASTag will not be read and cash will need to be paid.
You can either buy RFID tags online in India, or can get FASTags at toll plazas, banks, or from Runzzit FASTag website application form, fill up the enquiry, and once it is done, all you need to do is submit the Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle and KYC documents.
With Runzzit as your FASTag partner, you can pay toll online easily. When it comes to the recharge, all you need to do is top up your LocoNav FASTag wallet using multiple payment gateways and options such as credit/debit cards, NEFT, etc, and also stay abreast with toll plaza rates.